Trusted Treatment for Hair fall
Visible results with lasting results
Know Everything About Hair Regrowth
Losing hair can be stressful, as it may impact one's appearance and self-esteem. However, there are ways to treat hair loss and stimulate hair regrowth. Hair regrowth is the process of restoring lost hair. It involves stimulating the hair follicles to produce new hair. Hair regrowth can be achieved through various methods, including medications, natural remedies, and surgical procedures. Here, we will discuss the overview, symptoms, causes, treatments, and self-care measures for hair regrowth.
The most obvious symptom of hair loss is the gradual thinning of hair on the scalp. In men, hair loss typically starts at the temples and crown and progresses to the top of the head, creating a horseshoe pattern. In women, hair loss is usually more diffuse and can occur on the entire scalp. Other symptoms of hair loss include patchy or circular bald spots, sudden shedding of hair, and hair that easily breaks or falls out.
There are many causes of hair loss, including:
• Genetics - Androgenetic alopecia, also known as male or female pattern baldness, is the most common cause of hair loss. It is a hereditary condition that affects both men and women and is caused by the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which shrinks hair follicles and makes them unable to produce hair.
• Hormonal imbalances - Hormonal imbalances, such as those caused by pregnancy, menopause, and thyroid disorders, can cause hair loss.
• Medical conditions - Medical conditions such as alopecia areata, scalp infections, and autoimmune diseases can cause hair loss.
• Medications - Some medications, such as chemotherapy drugs, blood thinners, and antidepressants, can cause hair loss.
• Nutritional deficiencies - Nutritional deficiencies, particularly of iron, zinc, and biotin, can cause hair loss.
There are several treatments available for hair loss, including:
• Medications - Medications such as minoxidil and finasteride can promote hair regrowth. These medications are available over-the-counter or by prescription.
• Natural remedies - Natural remedies such as onion juice, coconut oil, and aloe vera can promote hair regrowth.
• Surgical procedures - Surgical procedures such as hair transplants can restore lost hair.
Hair Regrowth Treatment (PRP) done by
Dr. Sarmistha Basak
Stages of Hair Regrowth
There are three stages of hair growth: anagen, catagen, and telogen.
The anagen stage is the growth phase, during which hair grows actively. This stage lasts for 2-6 years and determines the length of your hair. During this stage, the hair follicle is actively producing hair and growing it out of the scalp.
The catagen stage is a transitional phase that lasts for about 2 weeks. During this stage, the hair follicle begins to shrink and detach from the blood supply, and the hair stops growing. The hair is now considered to be in a resting phase.
The telogen stage is the resting phase of hair growth and lasts for 3-4 months. During this stage, the hair follicle remains inactive, and the hair remains attached to the scalp. After the telogen phase, the hair falls out, and the cycle begins again with a new anagen phase.
In addition to medical treatments, there are several self-care strategies that can help promote hair growth and prevent hair loss, including:
Eating a healthy diet: Eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, such as iron and biotin, can promote healthy hair growth.
Avoiding tight hairstyles: Wearing hairstyles that pull on the hair, such as tight braids or ponytails, can cause hair loss over time.
Avoiding harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals, such as those found in some hair dyes or relaxers, can damage the hair and cause it to break or fall out.
Managing stress: Stress can contribute to hair loss, so managing stress through relaxation techniques or exercise can help prevent further hair loss.
Massage the scalp: Massaging the scalp can improve blood flow to the hair follicles, which can promote hair regrowth.
Protecting hair from the sun: UV rays from the sun can damage hair and cause it to become brittle and break. Wearing a hat or using a hair product with UV protection can help protect the hair from.
Hair regrowth is the process of restoring lost hair. There are many options available for hair regrowth, including medications, natural remedies, and surgical procedures. The symptoms and causes of hair loss can vary, but there are several self-care measures that you can take to promote hair regrowth. If you are experiencing hair loss, talk to your healthcare provider to determine the underlying cause and the best course of treatment for you.
Visit your dermatologist if your hair fall is not stopping within 30 days.